Things To Do Before Help Arrives
If your home or business has water damage, you can do some things before help arrives.
Make sure that the building or home is safe.
SERVPRO of Lincoln Wants You to Remember:
- Waterlogged materials are very heavy
- Wet surfaces are slippery
- Make sure electrical power is off before you handle devices
- Make sure you are standing on dry area before you turn on the electric power
SERVPRO of Lincoln suggests that you:
- Remove excess water with mops and/or towels
- Wipe water from wood furniture or other items
- Remove wet cushions. Prop them upright to dry
- Hang up rugs to dry
- Place foil or blocks between furniture and wet carpeting
- Turn on dehumidifiers or air-conditioning if it is safe
- Move colored items from wet carpeting
- Move artwork to a safe, dry place
- Move loose items from the floor or counters
- Start drying items ASAP
- Remember that mold starts growing within 24 hours
- Stay away from rooms that have sagging ceilings.